All works seen in this blog were created by and belong to Emma-Louise Carroll and should not be taken, edited or distributed unless otherwise stated. Thank you for your co-operation.

Tuesday 11 May 2010

"Blair" Experiment


So, I created a picture for a friend as part of an art trade. That picture was of her character Blair. I'm pretty happy with it, it's been a while since I've actually finished something. This is the finished piece, which you can also see on DeviantART. Now, when I was working on this, putting the finishing touches which included a purple layer (which I think in the final image is set to either soft light or overlay at about 51% opacity) to make the image 'pop' a bit more. While trying things out to see what looked best I accidentally did this:

I set the purple layer to 'darken' and this happened. I REALLY like it. Really, really. I think it looks awesome, even if it does hide the painting that I spent hours blending and making pretty. It looks all experminetal and nice. Maybe I shall attemp to do more like this. Hm. Who knows. I liked it. Thought you might too.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the second one is beautiful! Even if it was an accident :P And I love the detail in the first :)

    ReplyDelete